Christmas Message from the Sheriff
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
As Christmas approaches and this year comes to an end, I would like to take this opportunity to extend our best wishes for a safe Christmas & New Year from all of us at the Polk County Sheriff's Office.
Here are a few Holiday safety tips:
- Keep all car doors locked and windows closed while in or out of your car.
- Don't leave your keys, gifts or valuable items in your vehicle.
- When approaching or leaving your vehicle, be aware of your surroundings.
- Do not approach your car alone if there are suspicious people in the area.
- Teach your child to go to a store clerk and ask for help in case they get lost.
- Teach children their full name, address and telephone number to give to police officers.
- Be extra cautious about locking doors and windows when you leave the house.
- When leaving home for an extended time, have a neighbor or family member watch your house and pick up your newspapers and mail.
- Be cautious about having expensive items delivered and left on your front porch
It's a real pleasure to say "thank you" to our community as we wish you a Merry Christmas and a joyous New Year, full of happiness and success. It is an honor to serve you and I look forward to many more years of service as your Sheriff.
Please contact my office for assistance.
Sheriff Danny Morrison